Words. With Friends.

These past couple of days, I've actually been able to hang out with many of my friends. That may not seem like a big deal to some of you outgoing, energetic people with no grass underfoot but for me, it was and still is a massive undertaking. You see, as far as resolutions go, I didn't make any save one and only to myself; I promised to make myself a little more visible. I told everyone else that my 2012 resolution was to not have any for 2013 and that still holds true. However, most of the regret of the previous year was do mostly in part to all of the people, friends and family, that I didn't see and all of all of the events that I had missed out on.
So, this year, I've vowed to change things up. However, therein lies the conundrum. I want to better myself financially and educationally but that's going to take time. Better stated, it's going to take a lot of sacrificing of said time. I have some college courses to sign up for, a screenplay to write not to mention my novel. It's going to be tough especially since I'm at odds with myself. (As always!)

So, I figure I'll just have to chat my friends up more. Dig deep into their psyches as well as stalk their Facebook and Twitter pages. Moreover, I'll have to be content to live vicariously through them. That's always the tough part. My friends and family can be very persistent and I love them all dearly. Should any of them request my presence, I'm almost always at their sides at the drop of a hat. Even those I haven't seen in awhile. I guess I'll just have to better my excuses for the coming year. That's not to say I won't pop my head out from time to time.

It's not a total sad story. At least I have my Tyger with me. My oldest and truest friend, Danielle is now my roommate and I'm absolutely certain she'll constantly be entertaining guest, both friends and acquaintances alike, so it's not a total loss. After all, as the old saying goes:
If Mohammed cannot go to the mountain, the mountain will come to Mohammed. (I'm paraphrasing. I think that's from the Bible. Not sure so I'll look it up later.) Personally, I want to start having a bonafide poker night with friends so I'm not gonna be a total hermit.

Regardless, what's important is my words. I cannot be a recluse any longer. I have words to speak that are in my heart; words that must be written or voiced but that I cannot hold in any longer. I hope, dear friends, that even if you don't see me as often as you'd like, that my words are a comfort to you and know that I'm with you in spirit. Hopefully, if and when you see me, it'll be a better version of me. Cross your fingers.

Comments

Popular Posts