The Life You Save

I try to not to think too much about anything. It's a dangerous pastime. My finances, dreams, goals, weight, health, diet. I dare say, even my future. I've been living my life one day at a time.
Worse, even. One pint at a time. And for the longest time I've been content to live this way. It's simple. Fly by the seat of your pants with a devil-may-care attitude and insert any other number of cliches. But I have to admit, it's getting kind of old. 

I'm tired of living paycheck to paycheck. I'm sick of spending my nights cold and alone with only a bartender to give a fuck about my woes. (Not that any of the bartenders I know mind. They are all wonderful people.)

But there's something so alluring and so appealing about this way of life. It's habit forming. Addictive, even. However, tonight I'm actually looking at it objectively. 


Is this my future? Is this the future I want for myself? 

Don't worry. This isn't a "woe is me" blog. I seek no pity. If nothing else, I just want to share my change of perspective. I realize that I'm just on the wrong side of the bar. For years, I've dreamt of owning my own little pub somewhere. I don't know why. It's just one of those things that I love. This is the first time I've ever truly admitted that. Even to myself. 

Maybe all this talk is steming from the buzz of the New Year and all the hypes and wishes that come with it. Perhaps it's that Tony Robbins self-help book talking or it could be the optimism of the friend that recommended that book to me is finally beginning to shine through. I don't know. What I do know is that I can make that dream into a reality. And if I can do that, I can lose 70 lbs. And if I can do that, I can finish writing my first novel and screenplay. I can do these things because people believe in me. It's about time I start rewarding that belief by believing in myself. 

But I don't want to stop there. I want you to believe in you too. So if you're chasing a dream or trying to lose a few pounds, I believe in you. It doesn't matter if you know me personally or if you just stumbled upon this blog off of a friend or at random from my Facebook, Twitter or G+. I believe in you! Together, we can get across that finish line. So, if you need help or encouragement, or just someone to vent your fears and gripes to, leave a comment. 

In the end, I guess that's all I've ever really wanted to do. I just love helping. Maybe, just maybe, in helping you, I help myself. 

Comments

  1. trying to accomplish stuff and make positive life changes sometimes feels like a lonely place. i like the concept of believing in each other... trying to accomplish it all together as a team.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts