New Genesis

I haven't written since my Maggie passed away. I thought by now I would have sunken into a dark spiral of misery but, much to my surprise, I've done quite the opposite. I've stayed the course. I've stayed focused on my goal of losing weight and getting in shape. As a matter of fact, I'm 20 lbs. lighter now than I was back in March. Possibly more. 

I'm the lightest I've been in quite a long time and I owe it not only to my discipline and dedication and my self-control but also to a great friend, coach and mentor in my friend, Jamie. She started me on a program called Isagenix that I, at first, was quite skeptical about. I've used weight loss diet programs before and they've always ended in one form of disappointment or another. However, I trust my friends and Jamie is never one to sell me snake oil. Lo and behold, the program really works! I've been shedding pounds like a dog sheds hair! Even I'm amazed at my results! Combined with my gym regimen, I'm seeing faster results and gains than I ever did trying to lose weight on my own. 

I have a little more bounce in my step and hope; Hope for the future. I want to live again. Really live and do things. See things and explore. Yet another thing I owe to my dear friend, Jamie whom recently took me on a 14 mile hike on the famous Appalachian Trail. It was an awesome experience! It never ceases to amaze me how one can always be taught something new and by someone almost 10 years my junior. Live and learn. That's what it truly means to be reborn, I guess. I only hope I have the insight and wisdom to seek out that rebirth whenever it presents itself. 

Comments

Popular Posts