Pen To Paper, So To Speak

     It has been over a year since I’ve last written anything in this blog. Not that anyone has noticed. Maybe someday I’ll be rich and famous or, at the very least, notorious and people will clamor over any piece of writing of mine that they come across. Delusions of grandeur? Perhaps. Wishful thinking, at best. Regardless, it’s the writing that’s important. I recently purchased a mini-Bluetooth keyboard so as to write more whilst I’m out and about and away from home and exploring the world. I’m even more excited about posting and possibly publishing some of my short stories sooner rather than later. There are so many websites and forums where you can post and/or publish your creations and receive money for them. It’s a brand new world. It’s about time I start taking advantage of what it has to offer.

     
      
     I’ve always been a late bloomer and a procrastinator. I’ve long since given up on asking why. I just accepted that it was my crutch to bear. Nowadays, however, I realize I may have undiagnosed ADHD. I mirror far too many of the symptoms of this affliction and I do not believe in coincidences. “I, like God, do not play with dice…” if I can quote one of my favorite lines from one of my favorite movies. I bring that up for two reasons. One, after my recent birthday (Happy 45th to me!), I have vowed to myself to take my personal health more seriously. So, when I begin scheduling for doctor’s appointments and what not, I will bring up this subject with my physician. The other reason I bring it up though is simply to remind myself that some people start on the path they’re meant to be on later than others and that is ok. The important thing is have the courage to do so. I have that in spades and a strong support system behind me as well. I just need to find the motivation every day and get my ass to work. Speaking of which, I have to start hitting the gym a lot harder as well. Nothing hurts more than seeing the gym membership dues being taken out of my account every month and I’m still 100lbs. overweight. (I may not be 100lbs overweight but I would like to lose that much. It’ll be fun walking around at 200lbs again.) As they say in gym vernacular, “the hardest lift is getting your fat ass off the couch.” Well, I don’t know if they actually say that but there are no truer words spoken. It’s tough to want to fix yourself. That’s why you have to convince yourself that you want it and then remind yourself everyday. This post is a reminder of that for me but it can also be one for you. It’s never to late to get better. On that note, I will sign off. Along with writing and training, I’ve also gifted myself with the wondrous and ever elusive prize of more sleep. Who knew a good night’s rest would make one so productive the following day. Learn new things everyday.

Comments

Popular Posts