Going Down?

Had the weirdest dream last night. I was running from the law. (Not a word from you motherfuckers with jokes!) Apparently, I had beaten someone to a pulp and they were looking for me. The strange thing is that it's the first time I had a flashback in a dream. When I found out why the cops were looking for me, I then remembered the beating in vivid detail. I even smashed the kid's boombox so, apparently, I had an issue with his choice of music or decibel level but I digress.

I'm walking around my neighborhood with my best friend. Couldn't see my friend but I knew he/she was there. I say "he/she" because, even though I never looked at the face of my friend, I knew that it was never the same one as I walked down block after block. They all kept acting the same way though. They kept wanting for us to turn ourselves in but I wasn't hearing that. I was feeling righteous! I was walking down the street with a feeling of "I should have been doing that shit years ago" when I thought about beating that kid down.

I turned down another block with my pleading friend and found a taxi cab dispatch. I asked for one and they gave me the keys to the car, as if it were perfectly normal, and I went to get it but my friend had called the detective looking for me and he was waiting for me by the elevator. That's when I pulled out my "heater" and started squeezing off a few rounds. Metal on metal sparks and thunderclaps ripped through the hallway. Like I said. Weird. Weirder still was said detective had a gun in his hand but what looked like a croissant in his holster.

I managed to make my way to the elevator but it wouldn't close at first and I could hear the looming steps of the S.W.A.T. team coming down the corridor for me. The detective said, "Give it up! You don't have a chance!"

And all I can remember me saying is, "I seldom do...but that's never stopped me before."

Then the elevator doors closed and the ding sound of the elevator bell gave way to the alarm on my iPhone.

Comments

Popular Posts