Fat Again.

I'm not there yet but I'm absolutely positive I'm on that road again. Somehow, I always wind up back this way. I'm sure everyone does but I hate it when I do. I was doing awesome this summer. My workouts were viscious. I lifted weights I haven't lifted in a decade. More even! I was also, due to age and wisdom, watching what I ate. Realizing that a proper diet is key to physical fitness, I knew that I could no longer eat like a teenager anymore. Two months of hard work and then...nothing. I still feel that, while I'm not in top form, I'm a lot better off than what I was at the beginning of the year. I won't go into detail of how unsightly and out of shape I was. However, suffice to say that it seemed as if I was oozing everywhere I went and tackling a staircase felt like an Olympic event that would require a Herculean effort on my part. Still, I shouldn't be content with where I'm at now. I can do better. While I consider myself the prince of procrastination, I cannot sit on my fat ass...um, well, watching my ass get fat. I've got to start running again. I just have to just stay active. The gym I was going to was good for the summer but it was low quality. It was just the type of grimy that I like in my gyms but not enough space and/or equipment to suit my needs. I'm not worried though. The world is my gym. I just have start getting some reps in.
As for dieting, I am so fucked there! Not only do I live back at home with women who love to F'N cook (They really do!) I also love to eat! I'm a big fan of it. If "Eating" was a Facebook page, I'd hit the like button; if it was a Twitter, I'd retweet it! Maybe I have to stop being all macho and see a nutrionist. Maybe I should stop by my doctor while I'm at it. In any case, I have to start doing more and not doing nothing less. (Does that make sense?)

Comments

Popular Posts