I Am The Highway

I love the open road. There's something magical about it especially at sundown. As the twilight descends upon the road, even though the road itself doesn't change, the feel of it surely goes through a metamorphosis. The reflecting ambient light of the waning sun gives way to a supernova of neon lights and ethereal glows. Automobile headlights, nowadays, seem powered by their very own second sun housed somewhere under the hood. This may sound odd from someone as photosensitive as I am but it's the truth. There's just something magical at play on the road in the day but especially at night. It's something I've come to love.

I've had ample time to ponder upon the road. These last couple of days, it seems all I've been doing is driving. Morristown. South Amboy. Elizabeth. I think that's the reason I never get lost in Jersey. At some point in my life, I've probably been on that particular road. Anyway, I've been driving friends and family around. I'm not griping about it. As a matter of fact, I've been driving everywhere because I've been offering myself up to do so. I've got no one to blame but myself.

I guess I'm just thinking out loud. Right now I'm doing so on a bus. Yeah. That's right. I finally downloaded the Blogger app. In doing so, I felt compelled to write.

Oh! Just missed my stop. The road beckons.

Comments

Popular Posts