My Biggest WHYs (Cleanse Day 4)

I took a break from the gym today. Everyone deserves a rest day. Granted, my rest day doesn't always mean I get to just lie in bed. After firing up a protein shake, I hit the road, ran some errands for my mother and then, I went to the pool with my niece, Karianna. Her mom and brother were there but that doesn't make that experience less challenging. She's a handful. Makes me wonder if I ever want to have kids of my own.

It may seem odd that I'm lamenting on that today of all days what with it being my Goddaughter Keishany's 16th birthday and all but I don't mean that in a bad way. I mean that, because of her and her little sister, I can honestly say that I've had bestowed upon me many of the paternal privileges that come with being a father without ever having had children of my own. I've gotten ties for Father's Day as well as mean looks and crocodile tears when I had to enforce a punishment due to a bad report card. I'm even now going through the worry a parent has waiting for their child to return from abroad. (My lucky little Godchild got to go to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic for her birthday) From dirty diapers to driving instruction, I think I'm par for the course. If I get struck by a lightening bolt tomorrow, I can say that, amongst all the other accolades I've accomplished, "proud father" would be one of them.

My Goddaughter, Keishany and her little sister, Karianna are my biggest and most important WHY's. They're the reason why I'm eating better and exercising. Sure, I'm doing it for me and my own personal goals but seeing those two faces smiling makes me want to live another day and a hundred days past that everyday just to make sure they keep smiling and want for nothing. Furthermore, I don't want to just be around them. I want to participate in their lives. Can't do that being a fat ass that's wheezing and moving like molasses in the winter time. Thank God I found the means to continue to be an active part in both of their lives.











Current Weight: 245.4
Current Body Fat: 35.2%
Current Waist Size: 40.5

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts