The Long Road (Cleanse Day 2)

Last week, dear friends of mine asked me for help. Whomever reading this that isn't a friend of the author, you probably don't know that this is what I live for. I relish, thrive, excel and any number of other adjectives, in the service of others. So, naturally, I offered my assistance without hesitation. The favor being asked was for transportation and the journey was far. Bethlehem, PA to be exact but it's a small price to pay to be of service. However, what I had not counted on was me starting yet another 30 day nutritional cleanse. 

For a small moment there, I panicked. Not because I doubted the dietary regimen. It was my willpower that I questioned. Why? Well, my favorite thing to do on road trips, long or short, is to eat. And not just any food. FAST FOOD! When I hit the highway, I am magnetized to ridiculously unhealthy, double fried, drenched in ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce and/or any other sauce that it could be dipped into, food! As a matter of fact, sometimes the sole purpose of one of my road trips is food. (i.e. The Great Philadelphia Cheesesteak Run.)

Here I was on the road, 30 minutes into the trip, running on very little sleep and all I had for breakfast was a chocolate protein shake. But was I worried? Hell no! Why, you ask? Because in my pocket, I had a second protein mix ready to go! I swear, just knowing it was in my pocket shielded me from the constant bombardment and relentless onslaught  of Burger King, McDonalds and Wendy's establishments that all but peppered the highway.

If there's one thing I love the most about nutritional cleansing, it's the dietary discipline I've acquired. I don't have a doubt in my mind that 3 months ago, even though I was adamant about losing weight back then, there would have been a couple of Happy Meals in my car to and from my destination. 

Bring on Day 3!

Current weight: 251.9
Current body fat: 35.3%
Current waist size: 40.5

Comments

Popular Posts