Rest Is A Weapon (Cleanse Day 5)

Even the best, high performance machines can't be run in the red for too long. Everyone needs a break. I'm no different. After getting out of work, I had planned on going on a brisk, one mile hike but that wasn't in the cards. Not only were my leg muscles still a bit sore from that Wednesday workout, I had also remembered I had to take my mother to her podiatrist appointment. I'm a man of faith and I know a sign when I see one. That and I wasn't 100% so I listened to my body and took it easy.

My day consisted of minimal motion and lots of rest. I drank my morning shakes and vitamins and rested. In the evening, I took my sister out for a chicken gyro dinner and, as is my lot in life, headed off to work to commence my night shift. 

It doesn't seem like an extraordinary day and it wasn't. However, one of the benefits of the program I'm on is having the flexibility to be able to take a break from working out and not have the fear that I'm going to gain back loads of weight. And so, I relaxed trusting in the knowledge that I am still well on my way to achieving my weight goals. How about that?

Current Weight: 245.4
Current Body Fat: 35.9
Current Waist Size: 40.5

Comments

Popular Posts