Days Off

The morning light is beginning to peer through the lobby windows. I know that soon, I will be getting out of the monkey suit, punching the clock and heading home. Two days off. I know I've bitched, moaned, whined, and complained about having my days off in the middle of the week but today is not one of those days. The fact that they are two consecutive days off of work is simply divine. Two days off. Two days from not having to work. It sounds like a dream.

Of course, it actually is. Two days off from work means that I have nothing but free time to get stuck with chores, errands and of course, social gathering that spring up from time to time. There are times when it feels that I'm working twice as hard on my days off than when I'm at work. In hindsight, that actually may be accurate considering I spend 85% of my workday sitting on my ass. Nevertheless, movement is good. I'm getting too complacent again. Too...slothy. (Don't even know if that's a word but it fits.) Got started walking. (You mean, running Marine!) Hell! It's my favorite season and I've yet to do my Leaf Walk! (That's when I go to random parks to watch the leaves change color.) Most of them have already fallen. Gotta get on top of that.

Speaking of that walk, the day has a bit of a gloom to it. It's not completely overcast but the sun might struggle to peek through the clouds today. Perfect walking weather! However, I like having a bit of cash on me when I go roaming and wandering. You never know how hungry you can get when you go hiking. Suffice to say, my wallet should have cobwebs in it by now, it's so empty. Add to that, the fact that I have to drive my mother to the DMV to get her license reinstated (my fault from the tickets, mind you) today and that pretty much puts the kibosh on my little Leaf Walk. Then again, maybe a miracle will happen and I won't get stuck doing the chauffeur thing today. Who am I kidding? My luck has never been that good and Lord knows I'll probably finish what I need to do today and activate my SLOTH MODE and just fade away into the sweet solace of my bed pillows. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I know a lot of people that don't know how to flip that switch.

Comments

Popular Posts