Vote On This!

Damn! Forgot it was Election Day. Actually, I didn't forget that it was today, but I did forget that the Stonehenge building is a voting site. The election committee has to get everything set up in the community room bright and early for all those lovely early birds that are either retired and have nothing better to do at that time or those nine-to-fivers to get in there and throw their votes down before commuting into the city to work. They're pretty much self-sustained and all I do is do my Wal-Mart greeter impersonation when they walk in and then they leave me alone. That's perfect because that's all I want when I'm at work especially on Tuesdays since Tuesdays are the last day of my work week. So naturally, some of the lights aren't turning on in the community room. FUCK ME SIDEWAYS!

It's always when I want some quiet time! Oh! And to add to the tension, one of the election committee people is also a tenant that's known for her ruthlessness in nagging. Here's an excerpt of the conversation:

Tenant: The lights in the community room aren't on.
Me: Yes. They're on a timer but they should be on soon.
Tenant: Well, we need them on now.
Me: (I'm well aware of that.) I'm calling my boss now (The Super) and he should be down momentarily to fix the problem.
Tenant: What do you do in an emergency?
Me: I...call my boss and let him know the situation.
Tenant: What if he doesn't answer?
Me: (Seriously, bitch?! What the fuck do you do when someone CHOOSES not to pick up their phone?! When my boss doesn't answer me, I go up to his apartment and beat down his door because he's one of those cool bosses that doesn't fire people! What the fuck do you think I do?!) He'll answer. I already left him a message.
Tenant: Ok. Is there anyone else you can call?

I should've known that last question was coming. People, especially people that live in high-rises and got a little cash to throw around want things done faster than immediately. Naturally, I'm all about jumping through hoops to please them and snapping to quickly to remedy problems for them. However, some days...I just don't want to be fucked with. There's only so much fake smiling I can do. They better remember that smile come Christmas time. I need that tip money. Daddy needs a new iPhone!

Oh! And by the way, the lights are on. Crisis averted.
God help you all should I ever start speaking my mind.

Comments

Popular Posts